Attorneys- Steven K. Hardy
Steven K. Hardy – Associate
Steven K. Hardy joined BoltNagi PC in 2012 as an Associate Attorney in the Transactional Practice group. His practice is primarily focused on representing clients in matters concerning small business formation & structuring, real estate & financing, and probate & estate planning.
Prior to joining the firm, Steven served as the judicial law clerk to the Honorable Alan D. Smith of the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands where he worked on a wide variety of civil and criminal cases including a substantial number of probate matters. While in law school, Steven was a law clerk for the South Carolina Senate Judiciary Committee and an intern for the legal department at Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. a subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
Steven is a member of the Virgin Islands Bar Association and the State Bar of Georgia but is also active with the American Bar Association and the ABA Young Lawyers Division.
District Representative, Tenth District of the Young Lawyer, American Bar Association (2013-present)
• Completed real estate and financial transactions including purchase/sales, mortgages, refinances, and deeds in lieu of foreclosure for residential and commercial properties
• Structured many new businesses and reorganized existing ones so as to be tailored to liability, tax, and corporate governance needs of the owners while ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
• Participated in mergers/acquisitions of local and national corporate entities (both asset sales and equity sales)
• Represented clients before the Virgin Islands Economic Development Commission regarding application for EDC tax status as well as resolution of alleged compliance violations
• Administered domiciliary and ancillary decedents estates (both testate and intestate)
• Drafted all necessary documents (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, medical powers of attorney, etc.) for estate plans tailored to unique needs and circumstances of the client
• Represented clients before the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands in limited matters