“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.”
As a founding partner of BoltNagi, Attorney Nagi brings to the table extensive experience in advising and defending employers in the areas of labor law, employment and civil litigation based on local and international laws — regardless of how simple or complex the issue may be.
A few hallmarks of his work include:
- Obtained dismissal of CICO and RICO claims in federal district court against client in multi-defendant hotel and tourism case.
- Successfully defended employers in nearly 100 Wrongful Discharge complaints before the VI Department of Labor.
- Lead a successful defense in hundreds of personal injury, employment discrimination, breach of contract, CICO/RICO, unfair labor practices, class-actions, wage claims, and whistleblower retaliation cases.
- Negotiated collective bargaining agreements for companies across various industries.
Attorney Nagi has nearly two decades of experience in all aspects of litigation and employment law, from day-to-day advice to successfully defending complex civil litigation matters in territorial and federal court to negotiating collective bargaining agreements and appearing before the National Labor Relations Board. Attorney Nagi provides client centered counseling focused on navigating clients through the myriad of issues that employers are exposed to, with their best interest at heart.
Attorney Nagi also conducts employment law trainings focused on management-side best practices and sexual harassment training and testified as an expert before the Hawaii and Virgin Island’s legislatures concerning pending legislation.
- Represented Fortune 100 Insurance Company in Declaratory Judgment Action against policy holder for Insurance Fraud
- Represented Multi-national Warehouse chain in tobacco and sports-drink class actions and wrongful discharge claims
- Represented Nationally-based resort chain in wage and hour and wrongful termination cases
- Represented Nationally-based resort chain in collective bargaining negotiations with labor union
- Represented Multi-national fast-food franchise chain in labor negotiations, election campaigns, and NLRB unfair labor practices charges
- Defended financial services corporation in employment discrimination case
- Defended hotel resort in Securities Act violation claim
- Represented constructively discharged employee in sexual harassment lawsuit against Multi-National luxury goods retailer
- Represented Multi-National fitness-gym parent company in trademark infringement and holdover franchisee case
- Appellate work before the VI District Court Appellate Division and US Third Circuit Court of Appeals
LEGAL AID SOCIETY OF HAWAII
Associate Attorney, Housing Unit Head
SHOKER AND LADVA
San Francisco, California
BAUGHMAN & WANG LLC
San Francisco, California
TEKER, CIVILLE, TORRES, CALVO, & TANG, PLLC