Nash joined BoltNagi’s transactional department in 2016. His practice focuses on the areas of commercial and residential real estate acquisitions and sales, real property development and finance, real property title law, creditor rights in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceedings, commercial law and estate planning.
Prior to joining BoltNagi, Nash worked in the litigation and appeals division of a premier, plaintiff-based foreclosure law firm in Boca Raton, Florida. He represented local and international financial institutions, including Bank of America, Deutsche Bank, Fifth Third Bank, Ocwen Financial Corporation and Wells Fargo, among others.
Nash graduated from the University of Miami in 2003, with a B.A. in Finance and began working as a senior accountant for various Fortune 500 companies. He later received his Juris Doctorate from St. Thomas University School of Law in 2010.
A few hallmarks of his work include:
- Served as counsel to large, nationally-branded hotel conglomerates handling various matters including drafting opinions of counsel; representing the resort’s timeshare association; drafting, negotiating and reviewing various agreements with third party vendors and suppliers; representation before the Virgin Islands Economic Development Authority on applications and certificates; and the negotiation and review of various documents relative to the sale of the resort in 2019.
- Facilitated the closing and title related matters for the acquisition of a 25-million-dollar self-storage facility.
- Facilitated the acquisition of various car dealerships including Toyota, Chrysler and Ford.
- Assisted with the multimillion-dollar sale of Lovango Cay, a private island north of St. John
- Serves as counsel to a large commercial lending institute within the territory which entails the drafting of various complex loan and related security documents; facilitating the closing of multimillion-dollar loan facilities for construction, development, acquisition and refinancing of commercial and residential properties.
- Successfully negotiated tax assessment reductions and waivers with the Virgin Islands Office of the Tax Assessor resulting in substantial tax savings for numerous clients.
- Handled hundreds of commercial and residential real estate closings on behalf of various sellers, purchasers and lenders.
- Formed and tailored various commercial entities specific to the needs of a multitude of clients, including the formation of corporations, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, foreign and tax exempt companies.
- Drafted estate planning documents for both large and small estates, including revocable and irrevocable trust agreements, non-traditional trust structures, wills, pour–over wills, health care directives and so forth.
In 2010, Nash was presented with an honorary award for exceptional pro bono service wherein he provided over 250 hours in free legal aid to members of his community.
Clients continually commend Nash for his experience, diligence and attentiveness to their needs and objectives. As a result, many of his previous clients continue to make him their attorney-of-choice for their future transactional law matters.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
St. Thomas University School of Law – Juris Doctor – August 2010
University of Miami – Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance – May 2003
Admitted to Practice: United States Virgin Islands (U.S.V.I. Bar No.: 1274)