Attorneys – A. Jennings Stone
A. Jennings Stone, III – Senior Associate
“It is an honor for me that our clients trust us to help them navigate an increasingly complex legal world. I work every day to be worthy of that trust.”
– A. Jennings Stone, III
A. Jennings “A.J.” Stone, III is a Senior Associate with BoltNagi PC and the former head of the firm’s Litigation Department. Attorney Stone currently chairs the firm’s Foreclosure Practice Group, with includes such diverse practice areas as lender-liability defense, bankruptcy, and post-foreclosure remedies. Over the past decade, he has represented a variety of individual and business clients in civil and administrative proceedings. His clients have included local and national banking institutions, construction companies, airlines, auto dealerships, corporate management companies, commercial landlords, a local boutique hotel, an internet service provider, and local condominium associations.
Attorney Stone’s practice focuses extensively on residential and commercial foreclosure. He has successfully defended a national banking entity against claims under the Truth In Lending Act. He has defended construction liens in foreclosure proceedings, as well as prosecuted the foreclosure of such liens. In the bankruptcy context, he has won relief from bankruptcy stays for creditors seeking to execute on their security interests.
As a general business litigator, Attorney Stone also has experience in a variety of commercial settings. He has participated complex multi-jurisdictional matters concerning internet law, intellectual property, and the structure of business organizations. He has represented clients in both the transportation and retail automobile industries in personal injury cases. He has also represented commercial clients in administrative proceedings before the Virgin Islands Department of Labor and the Virgin Islands Public Services Commission. In addition to his litigation practice, Attorney Stone has successfully negotiated internet service provider service contracts and advised on issues involving internet trademark infringement. He has provided advice to hotel management companies concerning complex financing agreements with local lenders, and he has counseled local realtors on internet-related matters.
- Represented owner of internet domain name portfolio in suit for damages arising from breach of a domain name monetization agreement where defendant’s challenge to personal jurisdiction was defeated.
- Represented owner of internet domain name portfolio in suit against internet domain name registrar where matter was settled favorably.
- Defended corporate services management company in multi-jurisdictional litigation proceedings involving numerous parties where matter was settled favorably.
- Represented appellant commercial landlord in appeal against the Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority before the Virgin Islands Public Services Commission.
- Represented nationally-based lender plaintiffs in residential foreclosure proceedings in local and federal court.
- Defended nationally-based mortgage lender against jurisdictional challenges under the Virgin Islands corporate code.
- Represented Florida-based construction company in mediation for damages arising from termination of construction contract and subsequent action to enforce mediated settlement agreement.
- Defended automobile dealership in personal injury lawsuits that were settled favorably.
- Defended airline from $1 million claim for damages in which motion for dismissal was granted.
- Defended employer during employment discrimination lawsuit that settled favorably.
- Represented an indigent criminal defendant on appeal before the Appellate Division of the Virgin Islands, securing the reversal of a conviction obtained through a multiplicitous charging document.
- Represented a former government employee on an administrative appeal before the Merit Systems Protection Board, resulting in the reversal of the Office of Personnel Management’s denial of disability benefits.
- Appeared before the Supreme Court of the Virgin Islands.
- Performed appellate work before the Appellate Division of the District Court of the Virgin Islands and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.